A workshop with Marianna Santoni.
From camera settings to develop: everything you need to know about your camera sensor and your RAW files to achieve the best quality, sharpness and color gamut ever.
Who is this course for?
This course is a crucial step and very easy to follow course. It will represent a true watershed in your photographic production: apparently you will have the impression to pay a normal registration fee for a simple Photoshop course, in substance, after this course, you will feel like having bought a new almighty camera!
You do not have to have any special skills to attend this course. Many professional photographers and photography enthusiasts who have already attended this course agreed in saying that this is probably the ideal course to begin your training. Although this is a lesson suitable for beginners this is a course that has already been followed with incredible enthusiasm by many professional photographers, including world-renowned.
All the techniques explained are compatible with Photoshop (from CS1 to CC7) and Lightroom (from version 2 to 5). You will enjoy this course non matter the equipment you use, from a reflex to a SLR digital back or the simplest low cost compact camera! Fortunately, to get rid of the noise, you do not need to spend a fortune on equipment!
What will you learn?
- how to use your cameras to get rid of the digital noise forever even at very high ISO and without spending a fortune on equipments;
- which camera settings affect significantly the sharpness, the noise and the gamut (range of lights, shadows, clipping and colors) of your images? You will learn how to get the best using every trick and expedient possible to get the most out of your cameras;
- understanding histograms and their interpretation
- understanding the easiest way to extremely “expose to the right” avoiding clipping. The technique explained in this course can be easily applied both by those who are used to expose their pictures manually and by those who prefer using the camera settings P (program), A (aperture priority), S / T (shutter priority);
- how to reduce – significantly – the RAW develop time workflow and the noise reduction process changing a little your approach to shooting;
- how to use the most efficient and advanced techniques for the best noise reduction with the least damage possible on your image details. Noise removal technics will be shown both with Adobe Camera RAw/Lightroom and Photoshop and third parties plug-ins;
- how to use specific advanced techniques for night photography.
N.B. All techniques will also be applied on images provided by the attendees during the day.
When: October 18, 2013
Time: 9 AM – 4 PM (approximate)
Language: Italian (updated)
Price: CHF 200.- / 160 €