A workshop with Marianna Santoni.
RAW development and workflow for photojournalists
How to really get the best from colors, brightness and sharpness of your images.
This course is the closest Photoshop course possible to a fine art darkroom course.
Getting the best from RAW development is essential for those who really want to make a final leap in digital imaging. This course will help you to reach e much better quality on your images and in speeding up your workflow.
You can be a professional photographer or a simple photography enthusiast: you do not have to have any special skills to attend this course. Although this is a lesson suitable for beginners this is a course that has already been followed with incredible enthusiasm by many professional photographers, including world-renowned.
Every technique described in this course can be applied to every kind of RAW pictures: from reportage to wedding, from fashion to portraits, from still life to interiors, from wild life to underwater… etc.
All the techniques explained are compatible with Photoshop (from CS to CC7) and Lightroom (form version 2 to 5).
This particular type of course on RAW development is held since ever exclusively at the Marianna Santoni Studio in Foligno, Umbria. This class at LuganoPhotoDays in a unique opportunity to participate.
What will you learn?
This course is dedicated to those who approach the image development in the purest sense of the term. In this course there will be no room for “reality manipulation”, “special effects” and “photoshop disaster”. This means that every technique explained in this course is considered “ethical” also from a photojournalistic point of view.
This course is designed for those who want to learn how to get the best from their files and improve their workflow on images in the most efficient, fast, flexible and professional way.
- getting the best from color, sharpness, contrast, saturation of your images using approaching the workflow from both a technical and creative point of view.
- RAW, JPG and TIFF processing using Adobe Photoshop Camera RAW or Lightroom.
- how to achieve a more aware and professional approach to sliders and controls in Photoshop (or Lightroom) commonly used randomness. You will learn how to balance the image development process between a scientific and a fine art approach ad really reaching the style you want to have;
- how to process images with a reversible and non-destructive method;
- how to develop large amounts of images in the shortest time possible with good results;
- all the tricks and shortcuts that help you working better: more efficiently and quickly;
- how to interpret histograms
- how to get the best in pictures taken in situation with strong stop difference between high light and shadow;
- how to do localized operations on the images to enhance specific areas of the photo;
- digital retouch on RAW files: sensor dust and small other things;
- how to bring out the best image clarity in the overall image or with a localized approach;
- how to remove digital noise in a nice and conservative way;
- how to get ready in batch hundreds of contact sheets or low resolution JPGs as well as very good TIFFs for fine art printing in a reasonable amount of time
- workflow integration between Camera Raw, Photoshop, Bridge and Lightroom;
- new features of the latest version of Camera RAW integrated in Photoshop CC7 and Lightroom 5;
- many many other topics you will get creazy for :-)
Exercise sessions during the classroom
It is very important to put into practice – under the guide of Marianna Santoni – what you have learned during her lesson.
N.B. All techniques will also be applied on images provided by the attendees during the day.
When: October 19-20, 2013
Time: Saturday 9 AM – 6 PM / Sunday 9 AM – 1 PM (approximate)
Language: Italian (updated)
Participants: max 20
Price: CHF 500.- / 400 €